Friday, March 7, 2014

call me your slut


"Will you talk dirty to me? Tell me I'm your slut."
"Slut? Really? You're ok with me calling you that?"

He was very sweet, making sure he didn't insult me or hurt my feelings.

To be honest, I love being called a slut. It's what I am. When one of my guys calls me his slut, it makes me feel all warm and gooey inside.

Why oh why would an intelligent woman like me not only allow someone to call me a slut without smacking them into the next room, but want to be called a slut? Because don't see it as a negative word.

Even in college, when it was said that so-and-so is a slut, I was envious of her. She allows herself to be free. She allows herself to have fun. She spits in the eye of the double standard where men are seen as conquerors when they sleep around but women who do are immoral. She is confident enough to be true to herself.

Damn, I want to be like that.
(Ironically, she probably was just the unfortunate subject of gossip and hadn't been sleeping around at all.)

So why and how can I possibly see this as a positive term? A term of endearment?
Evil Slutopia says it best:
"In most of the world, 'slut' is a highly offensive term, used to describe a woman whose sexuality is voracious, indiscriminate, and shameful. It’s interesting to note that the analogous word “stud,” used to describe a highly sexual man, is often a term of approval and envy. If you ask about a man’s morals, you will probably hear about his honesty, loyalty, integrity, and high principles. When you ask about a woman’s morals, you are more likely to hear about whom she shares sex with, and under what conditions. We have a problem with this.
So we are proud to reclaim the word 'slut' as a term of approval, even endearment. To us, a slut is a person of any gender who celebrates sexuality according to the radical proposition that sex is nice and pleasure is good for you. Sluts may choose to have solo sex or to get cozy with the Fifth Fleet. They may be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual, radical activists or peaceful suburbanites.
Our approach to a sex-positive language is to reclaim the original English words and, by using them as positive descriptors, wash them clean. Hence our adoption of the word 'slut.'”
The UrbanDictionary.com top definition says it second best:
"Slut: a woman with the morals of a man"

I don't see any problem here.

(BTW, he did talk dirty to me, growling in my ear that I was his dirty slut as I rode him hard. Hearing this filled me with incredible joy and passion. The night ended with one of the biggest orgasms I'd ever had.)


photo credit Dirty Grrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment